List of Magento 2.0 features for store owners
What does new Magento 2.0 mean to you?
You have probably heard about the release of new Magento 2.0. But what does it mean in practice? We have created a list of Magento 2.0 features that will help you evaluate all the positive aspects of the new updated platform. Let’s take a look!
- ● Improved performance on the client’s side
- ● Improved use of browser cache for static assets
Improvements also made to server performance and layout performance.
One can notice optimized sales rules and enhanced customer segments.
Important novelty is reduced table locking with larger scale Magento EE and Magento CE sites. Before, we have seen performance issues with table locking when too many people are trying to place orders on a site. Now, we managed to get around this specific issue with crazy levels of caching and very esoteric mySQL table optimization. But Magento 2.0 CE / Magento 2.0 EE promise to have reduced this issue considerably.
This is what makes new Magento 2.0 appealing to users:
- 1. New clear 2-step design instead of the accordion layout.
- 2. Customers can check out as guests.
- 3. Magento 2.0 prompts registered customers to log in.
- 4. Obtaining order summary with product images.
- 5. Applicable shipping rates will automatically load once customer fills out their information.
- 6. Billing address is no longer required, unless payment method specifically requests it.
- 7. New Magento 2 platform comes with tight out-of-the-box integrations with PayPal, Braintree, and Authorize.net payment gateways.
Magento Enterprise Edition 2.0 also integrates with WorldPay and CyberSource. All versions provide improved security and an option to pursue the easiest level of PCI compliance, depending on the selected payment method.
- 8. New dashboard is much more intuitive compared to the Magento 1 version.
- 9. New Magento version includes full documentation. You can find it following the link: http://devdocs.magento.com/.
In addition to this, it consists of tests to enable faster development. Magento Testing Framework (MTF) supports continuous integration and makes it easier to perform basic acceptance testing, smoke testing, regression testing, etc.
- 10. Now it’s easy to add Product Labels without any third-party extension.
Interested in Magento 2.0? - Contact us! We will help you create your new Magento shop from scratch, or migrate your existing Magento shop to Magento 2.0.
Please contact us at START@OPSWAY.COM.
To check more of Magento tips, go to MAGETIPS.COM.